Rain Song WS1000NT Tobacco Burst Full Body Cutaway Acoustic Electric w/HSC
Rain Song WS1000NT Full Body Cutaway Acoustic Electric w/ N2 neck
The WS is a wonderfully versatile guitar. Combining the best qualities of large and small bodied guitars, this body shape is ideally suited for a variety of musical situations. A large, deep chamber gives the WS strong projection and rich bass. The narrow waist and tight upper bout allow for a ringing treble, good balance and clear definition of individual notes. Overall, the WS is impeccably balanced. The shapely curves and light weight make the WS a comfortable guitar to cradle or stand with. The extra deep cutaway encourages playing up the fretboard.
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller (www.stevemillerband.com) and Master Luthier John Bolin (www.bolinguitars.com). The neck design is based on a modified “U” profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. While the N2 has a more substantial feel than the N1 neck, it is ergonomically sound and actually results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
Model Number: WS1000NT Tobacco Burst
- Soundboard: : All-graphite soundboard crafted using RainSong’s Projection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom Mother of Pearl sharks.
- Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle. MOP inlaid Tusq™ bridgepins.
- Case: Customized Hardshell Case.
- Finish: UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane over a Tobacco Burst Color
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 15.8 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated custom Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix Plus-T